Introduction to St. Petersburg
Many think it's a mad city with all that water, fogs, and even the white nights - typical place to get mad and commit a suicide. But it's also very a very inspiring place, many great Russian writers, poets, dancers started to work here. Even nowadays people in St.Petersburg are considered to be a bit more intelligent, smart and polite comparing to Moscovitans.
View on the St. Petersburg Canal / Photo by Ezioman@FlickR
Here are some special things you can do while in St. Petersburg, and enjoy them:
- Walking along the Nevsky Prospekt street and quiet neighbourhoods around.
- Going inside the courtyards of old houses.
- Taking a boat trip along the channels.
- Climbing up St.Isaac cathedral to have a view on the city (see the photo above).
- Having a nice meal with vodka in Idiot Restaurant (see Eating Out).
- Oh, visiting Hermitage, of course, but not all at once. It's better to choose something specific you might be interested in and to come there especially for that (see Museums).
- Walking along Moika river embankment in the evening (see Map).
- Going out to see what's on in a former squat - presently art center - Pushkinskaya, 10 (see Art)
- Going out to the small St. Petersburg bars, hanging out with locals and students (see Clubs)
- Sleeping in a nice family hotel or your own apartment (see Accommodation).
What is like Saint Petersburg? Click below to find out:
Comments, Questions, Feedback?