The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Do I need invitations for a second visit on a multi-entry tourist visa

0 votes
I have a Russian visa valid until April 2017.  When I visited Russia in 2014 I had to have an invitation and submit a complete itinerary in order to get the visa.  I am considering a solo train trip across Russia later this year.  My travel plans would be flexible and subject to change on a whim so I don't know the itinerary in advance and really would not know most of my lodging.  So the question is whether I can simply buy the airline tickets and my first railroad ticket and show up at Moscow passport control without a problem or do I have to make detailed written plan?
asked Jan 11, 2016 in Trans-Siberian by Kirbyk1 (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
If you have a multiple-entry visa, which is valid till 2017, you can just travel when you want, it shouldn't be a problem. Your visa doesn't list your itinerary and I don't even think it's available at the passport control (they only needed it at the consulate to check everything).

So if you're sure your visa is multiple-entry and that you didn't use up all the days you're allowed to stay in Russia on that visa, then you can simply travel there and it'll be fine.

By the way, can you tell me how you got that visa? Was it in the USA with a standard tourist visa support / invitation docs?
answered Jan 24, 2016 by admin (5,930 points)