The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


I have a Norwegian Passport and I have lived in the UK for 20 years.

0 votes
I would like to go to Russia for a business trip lasting a day or two, and not likely to be repeated.  What should I do?  What type of Visa should I apply for and how do I do it?
asked Feb 25, 2016 in Russian Visa by Thomasstoresund1 (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The best choice for you would be a short term visa - or a transit visa for 72 h in case that you are planning to travel through Russia to another country.
answered Mar 10, 2016 by marumu (1,900 points)