The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Do I have to register my visa if I will be staying on a cruise ship and only be in St Petersburg for 2 days (1 night).

0 votes
asked Apr 30, 2016 in Russian Visa by MJR (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
This depends on your cruise company and the way you are going to spend your time in St. Petersburg. Some companies have an agreement with Russia - and transit visa could suffice if you are on a guided tourist tours. Check this with your travel agency!
answered May 18, 2016 by marumu (1,900 points)