The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


A Canadian Swimmer want to swim from Little Diomede (USA) to Big Diomede (Russia)

+1 vote
During the summer of 2016, a swimmer adventurer and his team will connect 5 continents by swimming through five crossings around the world spread over 80 days.

One of them is to connect America to Asia via the Bering Strait by swimming from Little Diomede (United States) to the Big Diomede(Russia). (or the opposite)
We will cross the border between the US and Russia at sea.

How could I obtain my Visa for this expedition ? (i.e. : visa support letter)

Please accept my best regards
asked Aug 2, 2016 in Russian Visa by MathieuD (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Well, you could apply for tourist visa support and specify the purpose of your trip. http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html

You could also apply for business visa support with that travel as well.
answered Aug 4, 2016 by admin (5,930 points)