The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...



+1 vote
I plan on staying in hostel in Moscow for 4 nights, am I required to pay the 'Registration in Moscow' fee?
asked Apr 14, 2015 in Russian Visa by Kad (130 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
No. You need to register your visa if you're staying longer than 7 days in a city.
answered Apr 15, 2015 by demleedz (1,400 points)
0 votes
You do not have to worry about visa registration. It is the responsibility of your host. If you're staying in a hotel or hostel, they always do the registration. If you are staying in a private apartment - it is the responsibility of the owner. You have no one will ask for check-out from Russia. I know that. I live in St. Petersburg and lease their apartments to tourists.
answered Apr 17, 2015 by Светлана Пласкеева (240 points)

Related questions