The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


I'm a freelance photographer in UK, what do i need to be allowed to freelance in Moscow ?

0 votes
Hi all ... Just after some advice please ...

I'm a self employed UK based freelance photographer. I'm talking with architectural companies in Moscow about doing some shoots for them in Russia.  

The shoots will only be about one or two weeks at a time ... then i'll come back to UK.

Will i just need standard "Work Visa" for year (cheapest) or will i need a special "Work Permit" of some description ?

If anyone can give me info or point in the right direction that would be really helpful ... thanks ! :)
asked Jan 11, 2017 in Russian Visa by Nitroman (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.