The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Can I apply as a US or UK citizen for a Russian tourist visa from the Czech Republic?

+1 vote
Wanting to apply for a short term single entry Russian tourist visa. Confusing question. I have two passports (British and American) and I live and work in the Czech Republic.

The Czech VFS Global visa processing website says that if I'm a UK citizen living in CZ, I must submit a czech residence permit. I do not have one of these as I am not required to have one to work here as a UK citizen. I apparently cannot send my documents to the British centers, I must be there in person. This is not an option for me right now.

Is it possible to send my passport and supporting documents, etc.. to the US and apply remotely from the Czech Republic?
asked Aug 26, 2018 in Russian Visa by erema (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
I think you should apply as a UK citizen because that regulation they're talking about is not valid. The consulate only needs your residence permit if you're not an EU citizen.
answered Aug 26, 2018 by Ivan Stepanenko (2,730 points)