The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


What are the permits that I need to have to enter Russia from Kazakh overland? I am an Indian Citizen

0 votes

I am planning for a Round the world Trip from India covering many Nations and Russia being a part of it. I have the following questions in Mind.

1) I will get a carnet de passage, will that be sufficient for overland border crossing?
2) I will get my IDP, should it have russian translation too?
3) Where could I get insurance for my car? At the border or can I get it online before I enter Russia?
4) What are the other factors that I should consider while doing a overland entry into Russia from Kazakhstan?
5) Can you help me on doing a road trip across Russia and into Finland.

Looking forward for replies.
asked Jul 12, 2015 in Transport by shankardgr8 (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.