The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


How do I fill the "Names (as in passport)" field?

+1 vote
In your Visa support letter application form if my name has non-latin characters e.g. "Séo Türre" do I use the original version: "Séo Türre" or the" machine readable" form also in my passport e.g. "Seo Tuerre" as requested by the electronic visa application for at https://visa.kdmid.ru ?
asked Dec 24, 2019 in Russian Visa by WannagoMoscow (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
It is better to use the same name as in your as in your passport.
answered Dec 24, 2019 by Ivan Stepanenko (2,730 points)