Dear Way to Russia,
I get extremely conflicting information on the topic and wanted to clear things up:
1. Can I just submit one trip as per the invitation letter and get a 36month visa? I am not sure of all the trips I'll do in the next 3 years
2. My passport is valid for 3 years and 4 months. Since the validity of the passport needs to be beyond 6-months after the date of the visa validity, does this mean I'll be denied, or that they will issue a visa for 34 months (ensuring the passport is valid 6 months beyond the validity date)?
3. What are the entry-exit terms? I have heard a whole range from:
- Can remain for 6 months at a time (exit Russia and return and this period resets)
- Can remain for 6 months out of the year (180 days w in the year)
- Can remain for max 90 days in each 180 day period
4. (A tough one) If I have been using another passport as a dual citizen to enter Russia (French on a work visa), but now want to use my American, do I need to provide additional documentation?
5. I am unsure whether in my case I need to provide additional documents such as insurance, bank statements, photocopies of French passport where I had the visas before. Will including these hurt and annoy them?
Thank you so much!