Russian Business Visa Invitation Letter Application Form
Dimitry Paranyushkin (on 29 Sep 2022)
Business invitation is a name for a long-term Russian visa invitation that can be issued for 3, 6, 12, and 36 months. Usually, the purpose of business visa is visiting conferences, exploring business opportunities, networking, so almost anybody can get it and it's just a more flexible version of the tourist visa. To get it, you simply need to find a company that would write you such invitation from Russia.
Special Military Operation update (09/2022). While we are aware that many people might not want to travel to Russia for personal, moral, or political reasons, we decided to keep this service available for those who need to travel to Russia for humanitarian reasons, to see their friends and relatives, or even to visit the country as a tourist. As we stated at the beginning of the conflict, we don't think that isolation is the best strategy as it will only lead to further escalation and radicalization. That's why we decided to keep this information available for those who want to travel to Russia for humanitarian purposes, to visit their friends or relatives, or even as a tourist. Obviously, we recommend you to monitor the current security situation and to be aware that there is a law in Russia which criminalizes any public dissent from the official government take on the conflict. However, luckily, Russia is not North Korea yet. At the same time, we also want to bring to your attention to the rumours that the citizens of so-called "unfriendly" nations will have to get special exit visas to leave Russia (most EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, and others — all the "Western" world, basically). These rumours appeared as the foreign embassies in Russia advised their residents and nationals to leave Russia as soon as possible (29 September 2022). Aggravated by the high prices for the flights out of Russia and land borders being closed down. All this happening in the context of a military operation that has all the chances to escalate. That's why we recommend you to check the current situation and take the precautions necessary and avoid traveling to Russia if you think the situation might escalate and it may be hard for you to leave Russia.
| IMPORTANT! before you fill out a form to apply for a business visa
- A "business" visa is a name for a type of visa, which is issued for multiple visits or the visits exceeding 30 days (maximum 90 days in every 180-day period). It does not mean you have to travel to Russia for work or business. This type of visa can be obtained if you want to explore various opportunities in Russia, attend conferences, negotiations or meetings. Many travelers also get this type of visa when they want to travel for a prolonged period of time in Russia and stay longer than 1 month. Keep in mind, however, that a Russian consulate may refuse your request if you put "tourism" as your purpose of travel. If you are getting a "business" visa, your travel purpose should also be "business".
- If you are a US citizen — a better option for you may be to get a tourist visa for multiple entries that is valid for 3 years. In order to apply, get a tourist visa application first. You can stay every 90 days in 180 days on this type of visa.
- If you don't want to submit the payment yet, simply leave the payment field empty. The visa support company will contact you to organize your payment. Notice, however, that they will only start processing the order after they receive the payment, so we recommend to pay using the form above. All communication is encrypted (SSL), and you can verify that the website and the data are safe when you see the lock icon in your browser window next to the URL.
- You can travel to Russia any time within the time span of your visa and you don't have to travel exactly on the dates you select in your invitation form. So if you choose that you are arriving on the 1 June 2022 and leaving on the 22nd of June 2020 you can change your travel dates after. Also, if you are getting a 3-month visa that starts on the 1st of June 2022 and expires on the 1 December 2022, you can travel in and out of Russia any time within this time span: e.g. arrive on the 4th of July and leave on the 29th of August 2022.
- A Russian business visa support letter document (also known as invitation) is needed in order to get a business visa to Russia. The long-term visa support obtained through this form is comprised of the original invitation issued by Russian immigration authorities valid for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months for single-, double- or multiple entries;
- We recommend you to choose the TELEX option when you apply. This way the invitation will be sent directly to the consulate, so they won't require originals. If you choose a different options, the consulate may require originals when you apply with a printed out copy. In this case, they will be sent to you by standard post or using courier delivery (standard postage costs apply — $5 for the Russian post if it's not urgent and courier post charge - usually $60 - if it's urgent).
- After you get your business visa support, you will need to print the visa invitation out and submit it to your nearest Russian visa processing center, along with the completed visa application form (available directly at the consulate or online on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- The data that you provide in your visa application form should be exactly the same as in the visa support documents that you will obtain (e.g. if you're getting a business visa the purpose of your visit should be "business", not "tourism" or "visiting friends" for which you'd need to get a tourist or a private invitation mailed to you by your friends).
- This business visa support / invitation, along with your visa application form, valid passport, 2 photos and a valid travel insurance for the duration of the trip (except if you're from UK) are all the documents you need to get a Russian visa.
- You can only apply for the multiple-entry visa if you've already obtained a Russian visa before. If it's your first time applying for a Russian visa, please, apply for a single- or double-entry visa type first with the maximum of 3-month validity. Then, the next time you apply, you can get a multiple-entry business visa valid for 1 year.
- You will not be tied to any specific hotels or itinerary. You might have to list the arrival / departure dates and flights on the visa support application form. You might also be asked to list the hotels you are planning to stay in on your visa application form you submit to the consulate. However, there is no law or regulation that says you cannot change your itinerary once you get your visa. The hotels and cities you are going to visit will not be listed on your visa, so you are free to travel and stay where you want within the time span of your visa validity (except for restricted military territories and secret objects, of course).
- If you are self-employed or a student, please, provide the name of your own company or of your university. If you are unemployed, your chances of getting a business Russian visa are lower, consider applying for a tourist visa instead.
- When asked the organization you are visiting, list it in the form. If you don't know yet, you can simply specify "Multiple" or "NA"
- You can apply for a business Russian visa in any country, even if you are not a resident of that country, which makes it a very flexible type of visa (you cannot do the same with the tourist visa). So it's the type of visa to choose if you are, for example, an Australian citizen taking a long 1-year travel planning to apply for you Russian visa somewhere in Asia.
After You Get Your Visa Support...
You might be also interested to get
• Travel Insurance (needed for your visa)
• Our Way to Russia Travel Guide Book (PDF download)
• Book a Hotel in Russia (lowest price comparison)
• Book a Train Ticket
• Rent a Car (for journeys between different cities)
• Get a Cheap Flight
• Get a Travel SIM Card with unlimited internet
Comments, Questions, Feedback?
If you have a question, please, post it in Way to Russia forum
or tweet @waytorussia.
For comments and feedback about this article, use the form below.
Most Recent Articles:
If you aretraveling in a group (2 and more people), have the same itinerary, and will apply at the same consulateyou can apply for a group visa.
In order to get a Russian visa, you need to get a Russianvisa invitationdocument (also known asvisa support) first.
If you want to travel to Russia, you need a Russian visa.