The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


overlanding Russia - Kazakhstan - Russia - Mongolia

0 votes
We are two British Passport holders looking to overland in a British registered Land Rover from Estonia - Russia - Kazhakstan - Russia - Mongolia and then entering China.
We wanted to understand which visa we would require for this trip - since we're using our own vehicle I imagine it may not be as straight forward as it seems.
I understand the tourist visa lasts 1 month with 2 entries. Is it possible to extend this in case the trip takes longer (breakdowns etc.) in which case how long can it last and how do we arrange the invitation?
Is there any additional documentation we have to complete or provide for the vehicle?
Any information for the Kazhakstan and Mongolian visas would also be appreciated.
asked Nov 29, 2015 in Russian Visa by TravelMeSenseless (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.