The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


visa for trekking trip to russia

+1 vote
- Is it possible to apply for a business visa even if going for tourism purposes, i.e. if I want to stay for longer than 30 days?
- If I apply for a tourist visa, do I have to have all accommodation pre-paid for 30 days (i.e. see: http://www.ryssland.se/index.php/en/visas/tourist-visa-) even though most of the time I will be camping?
- Is the Russian embassy in Stockholm still problematic for visas? This is where I have to apply - it seems that they now have a new visa processing service

asked Mar 25, 2015 in Russian Visa by af720 (150 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
- Yes
- The visa support document is a confirmation that you have accommodation booked, but if your consulate requires it to be prepaid (that's the case in Sweden, I think), maybe a business visa is a better choice as it does not have any requirement.
- A little bit, yet, but with a business visa it should be ok.
answered Mar 27, 2015 by demleedz (1,400 points)