The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


I'm German, living in Spain- Can I apply for my visa here?

0 votes
Hi everyone!
I've heard that I can only apply in the country that considers me as a permanent resident. I'm living in Spain and I have a NIE (Numero de identification de extranjero- Foreigner's identification number) which means I'm registered as a foreigner living in Spain. But is this enough to apply for a visa here or will I have to go back to Germany to apply?
asked Feb 22, 2016 in Russian Visa by Piavisa (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, that's right, For a tourist visa you have to apply for your visa in "Central de Visados Rusos" (the offical company outsourced by the Russian Conslate in Spain). They have offices in Madrid and Barcelona but you can apply by mail. More info: http://centraldevisadosrusos.com/
answered Feb 24, 2016 by Michael76 (240 points)