The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Russian Tourist Visa in Ulaanbaatar Mongolia for Switzerland Citizens?

+1 vote
Lonely Planet says in its Mongolia guidebook that "some" countries cannot get a Russian tourist visa in Ulaanbaatar/Mongolia - only a transit visa. It says nothing about Swiss citizens. Because we want to continue from Mongolia to Vladivostok to take the ferry to South Korea, a transit visa might be to short.
asked Mar 20, 2016 in Russian Visa by Emil Schmid (150 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Transit visa can be valid for up to 7 days sometimes. They take into account it takes long to travel through Russia, so that might work. Otherwise, if the consulate doesn't want to give you a tourist visa you can always apply for a business one. It's more expensive, but it's a sure option. http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html for more info.
answered Apr 5, 2016 by admin (5,930 points)