The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


What kind of Russian visa from Switzerland is better?

+1 vote
Hello everybody,

I plan to go to Moscow from the 27th June till the 14th of July, to visit a friend, and need a visa to come in. I will sleep at her apartment, so I don't need to go in a hotel.
Is also better to ask for a private visa or for a tourist visa? I read that is possible to get a tourist visa without to go to an hotel, but on the website of the Russian Visa Centre in Switzerland is written, that I have to be hosted by a Russian tour operator...what do you guys think? Does the invitation need a lot of time to come to Switzerland? I hope to get it on time...

Thank you very much for any answer!
asked Mar 30, 2015 in Russian Visa by Vero (130 points)
edited Apr 2, 2015 by admin

1 Answer

0 votes
You can ask for a private visa from your friend, as you have enough time to wait to get an invitation. Alternatively you can also get a tourist visa and the visa support is the confirmation you're hosted by the Russian operator. You can get it on http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html
answered Apr 2, 2015 by admin (5,930 points)