The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


What's the best Visa option for my 10-yr-old son to go visit relatives in Russia for 3-4 weeks in the summer?

0 votes
Neither parents are Russian citizens, but his grandparents are.
We can get a notarized invitation letter from the grandparents if necessary.
asked May 18, 2016 in Russian Visa by jonikpel (120 points)
i thought the private visa would be best, but now i wonder if the hassle and potentially long processing time would be worth it if he can easily get a tourist visa. Then again, would he not be able to stay with his grandparents on a tourist visa?

Please log in or register to answer this question.