The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Anything additional we need to do as UK citizens living in South Korea?

0 votes
Myself and my girlfriend are both UK citizens who are currently living and working in South Korea. Starting in January we're hoping to travel through China, then take the trans-mongolian route through to Europe.

We've read that we'd be able to get a Russian visa over here as we are temporary Korean citizens. We're going to apply for the invitation through the Way to Russia website, we just wanted to double check there's nothing additional we should add with us currently living over here?

Also, how long is the invitation valid for? We were hoping to get that out of the way first, then sort Chinese and Mongolian visas before finally sorting the Russian one, as we won't enter Russia until early February.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
asked Sep 26, 2016 in Russian Visa by garyandsammie (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.