The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Type of Visa

0 votes
My 2 children and I have been invited to Russia by family friends to stay with them at their home in southern Russia for a little over 3 weeks.  They seem to think that the parents who own the property need to send me an invitation from Russia even though they are here visiting now.  What type of Visa do I need and do we need to wait until until the parents return at the end of the month to get the visa support document?
asked May 2, 2017 in Russian Visa by shaneheatherdavis (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.