The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


what do i need and where do i go for a travel visa to russia?

+1 vote
I was planning to go on the 6th of september. I have my passport and now i found out i need a visa? im planning just over two weeks. I'm totally lost and confused. all this information i've never dealt with before. what do i need and where do i send it to get what i need to go?
asked Aug 26, 2018 in Russian Visa by Greg (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Well, the easiest way is to get your visa support documents on http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html — this page also has a step-by-step guide for what you need to do next. Basically, the next day you get your visa support documents, fill out the application form online, then take this and your passport to your local visa center and they'll do the rest for you. You can get your visa even in a few days if needed.
answered Aug 26, 2018 by Ivan Stepanenko (2,730 points)