The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Do I need a single or double entry visa to travel between two locations in Russia?

+1 vote
We plan to fly into Moscow, spend 2 days there, then fly to Krasnoyarsk and spend 5 days there and return to Moscow for a return flight home.
asked Aug 26, 2018 in Russian Visa by suds531 (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
No, of course you need a single entry tourist visa then. A double entry visa is needed if you're traveling outside of Russia to one of the former USSR (CIS) states.
answered Aug 26, 2018 by Ivan Stepanenko (2,730 points)