The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Which type of visas will my children need?

+1 vote
My wife is a Russian citizen with a green card. Our two children (less than 18 years old) are U.S. citizens. They want to visit Russia (Crimea) to visit family. They would like to stay 45-60 days. Would a tourist visa be possible for our children?
asked Mar 20, 2019 in Russian Visa by Travel75 (160 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You need to get tourist visas for your children. As US citizens they may be able to get a 3-year visa, so just get the invitation on http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html for 30 days and then apply for a 3-year visa. This should work.
answered Mar 20, 2019 by Ivan Stepanenko (2,730 points)
Will a tourist letter be needed?