The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Can I get my visa for Russia from a travel bureau in another country?

+2 votes
I am visiting a friend in Estonia who is Estonian this summer for 3 weeks.  We would like to visit St. Petersburg during the  trip but haven't yet made train or hotel reservations.  She tells me that, in Estonia, one needs to only go to the Travel Bureau to get a visa to Russia.  As we'd like to keep our plans fairly flexible, can I get my visa in Tallinn, too?
asked Mar 28, 2019 in Russian Visa by Lucindadoran (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Sure, you can get your visa in Tallin too. They will probably make the invitation for you and then take your documents to submit them directly to the Russian embassy, so it works exactly the same way as if you did it on your own, you just pay a premium.

By the way, I would really appreciate if you post the name of the agency you used if you are satisfied with your experience, so that other travelers could use your advice too. Thanks!
answered Mar 28, 2019 by Ivan Stepanenko (2,730 points)