The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


What do you put for hotel if you are staying at a friends place?

+1 vote
In the Russian Tourist Visa Support Application in "Details about your visit to Russia" there is blank space you need to write in which hotel you will stay, but i will stay at my friends place so I don't what to choose.

Help ?
asked Mar 11, 2015 in Russian Visa by Tome Simevski (130 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Basically, if you're traveling to Russia to stay with a friend then he could also make a private invitation, then you could just put his apartment address in the application. In your case, you want to get a tourist visa, but for a tourist visa there should be a prepaid / prebooked accommodation listed in the visa support document.

The tourist visa application form on http://waytorussia.net/Services/VisaSupport/Tourist.html proposes a list of hotels in each city, but if you did not decide yet where you're going to stay, you can select any option and then after you have the order number, before making the payment, contact the visa support company that offers this service and ask them to put your accommodation on the accommodation list in the visa support document. So if it's your friend's place, then it would be the address of that apartment.
answered Mar 12, 2015 by demleedz (1,400 points)