The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Visa for the conference in Russia

+1 vote
Visa of which type is needed when one is invited to participate scientific conference in Russia and give a talk there? The invited speaker is not going to be paid for his participation. The institution which invites him will not provide any visa support. Is it legal to apply for visa via waytorussia.net web site?
asked Mar 16, 2015 in Russian Visa by Katerina (140 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
It's legal to apply and you need a business visa as it's made exactly for the kind of cases that you describe.

You can apply on http://waytorussia.net/Services/VisaSupport/Business.html

To read more: waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html
answered Mar 17, 2015 by WayToRussia (3,930 points)