The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Best visa choice

0 votes
Hi guys, hope you're well,

Bit of background here, I have been going out with a girl from Belgorod Russia for nearly a year now. My work gives me a lot of time off and this has allowed me to visit her often. So far I have been doing this using a multi-entry business visa which has been fine.

That visa expires in January and my first instinct is just to apply for another one, however my gf and I do want to eventually live together permanently, probably in the UK. And so, my main question is, is it worth applying for an invitation type visa (where she invited me to come to Russia)? I don't think these can be multi entry which puts me off, but it does provide very clear evidence of us being together which could prove useful further down the line I think. Does anyone here have experience with this? Or is this sort of evidence not really necessary?

Thanks a lot,
asked Sep 23, 2015 in Russian Visa by smiths32 (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.