The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


What type of visa /Invitation do I need for two tourist entries ?

0 votes

I will travel to Moscow on two different dates: dec 20, 2015 for one day and january 3 ,2016, for 3 days. I already booked hotels for both stays , but the consulate told me that i need an invitation for the hole period , dec 20 to january 6, with two entries, otherwise i will need to separate visas, which they can't issue at the same time. Can you provide that invitation that they are requesting?I mention that from dec 21 to january 3 I will not stay in Russia. Thank you, georgiana
asked Nov 14, 2015 in Russian Visa by Georgiana81 (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, they are right, but only if you leave and come back to Russia from a CIS country (former USSR without Baltics). Otherwise you have a get a double entry business visa (which is the same thing but a bit more flexible). You can get the invitation needed on http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html
answered Nov 29, 2015 by admin (5,930 points)