Talk Lounge Most Recent Questions

Subscribe to Talk Lounge Most Recent Questions feed
Powered by Question2Answer
Updated: 9 hours 8 min ago

Best Russian SIM Card with internet traffic - buying at the airport upon arrival?

Wed, 03/20/2019 - 04:31
I saw there's lots of SIM cards on sale when you arrive to Moscow airport. What's the best Russian SIM card to get if I need lots of internet traffic included?

Answered: Do I need a single or double entry visa to travel between two locations in Russia?

Sun, 08/26/2018 - 16:46
No, of course you need a single entry tourist visa then. A double entry visa is needed if you're traveling outside of Russia to one of the former USSR (CIS) states.

Answered: Can I apply as a US or UK citizen for a Russian tourist visa from the Czech Republic?

Sun, 08/26/2018 - 16:42
I think you should apply as a UK citizen because that regulation they're talking about is not valid. The consulate only needs your residence permit if you're not an EU citizen.

Answered: I filled in the visa invitation form, but the site would not accept the date I entered for first entry into Russia.

Sun, 08/26/2018 - 16:41
Probably the error was that you were applying for double entry and something was not working.

Answered: Does a FAN ID holder need a registration after July 25 until the end of the year?

Sun, 08/26/2018 - 16:39

So in fact it's not clear whether they also prolonged that regulation. If I were you I'd register, as it's not too complicated and you'll avoid troubles. Remember you only need it if you stay more than 7 working days in Russia.

Answered: Visa support

Sun, 08/26/2018 - 16:33
The visa support document is valid for the time span that's specified on it. The other thing is that you can issue a tourist visa support not earlier than 90 days before the travel date and the business visa support can sometimes be issued earlier. A tourist visa support is valid for trips for up to 1 month, while business visa support can be valid for 12 months (staying maximum 90 out of every 180 days). For the US citizens a tourist visa support can get them a 3-year visa.

Answered: what do i need and where do i go for a travel visa to russia?

Sun, 08/26/2018 - 16:31
Well, the easiest way is to get your visa support documents on — this page also has a step-by-step guide for what you need to do next. Basically, the next day you get your visa support documents, fill out the application form online, then take this and your passport to your local visa center and they'll do the rest for you. You can get your visa even in a few days if needed.

Answered: Will I get the Autumn colours in the last week of Aug ?

Wed, 01/10/2018 - 05:53

The best time to see Autumn colors in Altai is September and first days of October.
Here you can see some Altai photos in 1-9 of October 2016:

Answered: Where can I contact a Guide with Transportation for a week or 2 weeks in Altai region.

Tue, 01/09/2018 - 23:55
Hello Sudhir!
There are many highlights in Altai. You can find some pictures on this map:
Unfortunately descriptions of a place is in Russian language only.

September is an autumn already, so you will need some warm clothes. There might be a snow in highlands.

Border crossing from Heihe (China) to Blagoveshensk

Tue, 01/09/2018 - 08:42
Is it possible for a foreigner holding a Russian visa to cross the border between Heihe (China) and Blagoveshensk ?
Also, is this border opened in winter ?
As there is no bridge between the two cities, it seems that it's possible to cross on ice. Can you confirm this ?
Thank you

Circumbaikal Express in winter

Tue, 01/09/2018 - 08:39
I would like to know whether the Circumbaikal Express train operates in winter (more precisely in February). An can we buy tickets in Sliudyanka ?
Thank you

Answered: Watching the lanscape from top places in the kupe? (and security)

Fri, 10/27/2017 - 05:01
When comparing upper and lower bed notice that upper bed have big space in height and have much more light.
But to look outside the window you have to lay on bed and hang your head down a little.
It is more comfortable to observe nature when sitting on lower bed but someone from upper bed will sit there too.
On lower bed you put your stuff in the chest below the bed; on upper bed you poke your baggage at an opened shelf over a door.

Answered: How to find a person with limited details

Fri, 10/27/2017 - 05:01
Try to find her at with such data (lot of people use it).

Answered: Air B and B St Petersburg

Mon, 10/16/2017 - 03:27
Hi, you can get this apartment through AirBnB and then get your visa support through

Just make sure your apartment is on the ground floor or that the building has an elevator. Frankly, in your case, maybe a hotel is a better option, so you wouldn't have problems with accessibility.

Answered: My passport expires 5 months and 2 weeks before my proposed exit date, can I still get a visa?

Mon, 10/16/2017 - 03:26
Hey you can usually get a Russian visa if your passport expires not earlier than 6 months before your visa ends.

Answered: Should I pay the hotel in full before applying the Russian visa through WayToRussia Visa Support Invitation service?

Fri, 10/06/2017 - 04:11
Well, the visa support letter is a confirmation of your hotel reservation, however, as you can imagine, because the visa support letter costs only $30, your hotel is not paid in full. So in case the consulate really needs that it's better if you get that confirmation. Sometimes you can contact the visa support company and they will issue this letter for you free of charge (if they have a special arrangement with a hotel) otherwise you'd need to get a booking on Booking.Com for example (you could always cancel it after as there's no law that says you absolutely have to stay at that hotel – you might change your mind and stay somewhere else, the hotel is not written in your actual visa).

Answered: 3-year Tourist Visa: Separate invitations needed for each visit?

Fri, 10/06/2017 - 04:09
No, you just need one letter of invitation for a short duration, but then you apply for a long visa and in that case you'll have a visa for 3 years.

Answered: If im staying only six days in Russia do I need to register my visa?

Fri, 10/06/2017 - 04:07
No, you need to register only if you're staying 7 days or longer.