The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Can one combine two support letters for two different purposes into a single visa, for example humanitarian visa?

0 votes
I am taking a 9 week language course in September, so my language institute is providing support for the duration of the program. After the 9 weeks, however, I am planning on taking the Trans-Siberian railway from Moscow to Vladivostok—a trip which will take about a week.

Is it possible to obtain support for that extra week under a tourist visa support letter, combine it with a study support letter, and apply for a single visa for the duration of my stay in Russia (less than 90 days), such as a humanitarian visa?
asked Jul 1, 2016 in Russian Visa by trainman413 (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.