The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Travel to russia by car carrying my wifes collection of dolls

0 votes
Very shortly my wife and I will be driving to Russia from the UK,on a 90 day private invitation visa  the purpose of our visit is for me to submit all documents to the Russian immigration authorities to request residency permission my wife is Russian and has an apartment and dacha in Russia, she has a collection of dolls ( not antiques) but quite a few she has become attached to and wishes to take them  to Russia and when there I will build a cabinet for her collection of dolls at the dacha .they are for personal viewing and the dolls will be staying in Russia when the 90days limit is over and my wife and I will leave Russia to return to the UK .
Do you think I will have problems at the border due to the large number of dolls she wants to take ????  I'm a little worried about how to prove they are our own private possessions as we do not have receipts as they have all been purchased over the years from markets,car boot sales and second hand shops
asked Feb 16, 2017 in Transport by alan.winfield (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.