The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


What kind of visa do I need: Tourist or Business?

+1 vote
we want to go to Kazakhstan by motorcycle from Romania. our plan is to go Romania-Bulgaria-Turkey-Georgia-Russia-Kazakhstan. And back the same route. The question is : is it better to take a double entry tourist visa for Russia or a business double entry tourist visa?
Thank you very much and all the best
asked May 14, 2015 in Russian Visa by TeodoraS (140 points)

1 Answer

–1 vote
You can take a double entry tourist visa as it allows you to exit and enter from a CIS country (Kazakhstan belongs to the CIS). The only thing is that if you're not sure about your exact dates, you might find the conditions of tourist double visa a bit stifling (you'd have to give the two time spans when you apply), so if you want to be more free with your itinerary, you can get a business double entry as in this case you could travel in and out when you want within a 3-month span. But the business visa is more expensive.
answered May 14, 2015 by demleedz (1,400 points)
Hello! Thank you very much for the revealing answer. I think we will go for the business visa. All the best.