The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


16 hour layover

+1 vote
we have a 16 hour layover in Moscow. We would like to leave the airport to do some sightseeing and stay at a hotel before our flight in the AM.
Do I need a Tourist Visa? If so do are there any offices in Florida where I can apply in person instead of mailing? Also do I need travel insurance, and HIV test?
asked Jun 4, 2015 in Moscow by jennwaggs (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You can get a transit visa. For both tourist visa and the transit visa you don't need an HIV test. You would need a travel insurance if you're from the US if you get a tourist visa, but not for a trnasit via.

http://waytorussia.net/RussianVisa/ for more info.
answered Jun 4, 2015 by admin (5,930 points)