The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Visa for private teaching

0 votes
I would like to go to Moscow to teach English privately, without working for any school. How can I get a visa for this? Are there any other bureaucratic requirements?

asked Jun 18, 2015 in Russian Visa by Aaron Burhoe (150 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
You could always try for a Business visa but this only gives you 180 days in the country and then you have to leave.
Another way would be to find a school that would sponsor you and you would teach, say 4 hours a week in the school and the rest of the time you could teach privately.
I think these are the only real options.
Good luck
answered Jun 19, 2015 by MichaelHolmes (220 points)