The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Can you provide a visa support document (invitation) if I am not staying at a hotel, but renting an apartment?

+2 votes

I am coming to visit my friend in Moscow. We decided to rent an apartment for the duration of my trip. Since I am not staying at a hotel or a hostel, I do not know what to put under "Hotel" in the application form. My friend is not currently in Russia and, therefore, she cannot do the invitation for me herself. Can I apply for a visa support document if I am not staying at a hotel or hosted? If yes, how does the process work and what do I put under "Hotel" on the online application form? Thank you in advance for your help!
asked Jul 15, 2015 in Russian Visa by Oreshek_alexa (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You can choose a hotel and then change the place where you're staying – this is not a problem and there is not law that says you cannot do that.
answered Aug 19, 2015 by admin (5,930 points)