The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


I´ve got a friend in russia so I won´t stay in a hotel or join a turism agency, how my visa support letter must be?

0 votes
asked Sep 27, 2015 in Russian Visa by Gallareta Gabs (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Gallaretta Gabs,
If you dont stay in hotel. better your freind to send you invitation letter.
Or if he/she cannot send you that letter you should reserve a hotel, get invitation letter from them, apply for visa. After you get visa you can cancel your reservation or stay only first day in hotel if required.
answered Sep 28, 2015 by Victoria (420 points)