The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Traveling with a friend to Moscow, will be staying in her Grandmothers apartment.

0 votes
I am planning a trip with a friend, who already holds a Russian passport, in August. I need to apply for a traveling visa,  but I am unsure if I need to provide any hotel confirmation information when I apply. I will be staying in her Grandmother apartment during my duration of the stay. How do I go about this? We also plan to visit around Europe, but will be departing home to Canada from Russia. Do I need a multi-entry for this?
asked Feb 1, 2016 in Russian Visa by Karissakally (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.