The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


about valid travel insurance & tourist voucher

0 votes
Hey, guys, some dump questions, don't be too surprised.

1, about travel insurance, on the official website, they didn't mention the insurance, is it necessary to obtain that? if so, do I need a insurance for a week or a month? I definitely will be in Russia for a month. and how much is it ?

2, what about the tour voucher? would it come with invitation letter if I buy the invitation letter service?

3, Does 30$ include everything to get the invitation letter and  and tourist voucher?
asked May 12, 2016 in Russian Visa by Sophia Wang (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Some Embassy don't ask any insurance, they just ask tour voucher or tourist voucher. It is Invitation Letter. It cost usually 12-14 Euro. It includes everything to get your Visa. You can apply tour voucher on a site http://visastorussia.com/uk/ or http://globaltourismru.com and they can help you with any kind of travel to Russia.
answered May 14, 2016 by Tamara953 (340 points)