The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Foreigner can get invitation?

0 votes
Hi. My husband is styding in Moscow and me and our 3 kids planing to stay with him for 2 years. Problem is his uni will not support any docs for us. Therefore can he ask invitation from immigration office directly? And which type of visa we need? Pls suggest.
asked Oct 5, 2015 in Russian Visa by urnaa (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.