The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Specifying travel visa dates vs accommodation dates

0 votes
I am looking to apply for a tourist visa to Russia by myself with the aid of this websites information.

I wish only to go for approximately 12 days but I would like to be flexible so I wish to apply for dates that span for as much as 25 days.

I understand that when I can complete the invitation visa information and the subsequent online visa application form that I need to provide hotel/hostel names and locations as well as expected days of transit. Nothing as yet is booked of course as I'm waiting for the entire application to be successful and as I plan on going to a couple of other places beforehand and wish to remain flexible there also my actual entry date may vary by up to a week.

As per this websites tips for filling out the application I can choose a hotel from a list and say I'm staying there and later change my mind but my question is should I provide information showing me having accommodation booked for say a full 25 day period or just a 12 day period but still ask for a 25 day or so window?


asked Jun 1, 2017 in Russian Visa by pauldavidconnor (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.