The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


What sort of visa do I need?

+1 vote
Hello, I am an Australian travelling to Russia for 3 nights and then on to Africa and then back to Russia russia for 4 nights. This is all within 30 days.

Could you please confirm if I would qualify for for a multiple entry tourist?

Many thanks.
asked May 15, 2015 in Russian Visa by dudey (160 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Double-entry tourist visa only works if you exit and re-enter again through a CIS country (former USSR without the Baltic states).

In your case you're going to Africa and even though the Soviet Union tried to make some African countries Soviet, it has never succeeded. So you do not qualify for a tourist visa. Instead, you should get a double entry business visa.

To apply: http://waytorussia.net/Services/VisaSupport/Business.html
answered May 15, 2015 by admin (5,930 points)
Double entry visa