The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


If I take internal flights within Russia, do I need a double-entry tourist visa support invitation?

+1 vote
After first staying in Volgograd, I will be moving on, by plane, to St. Petersburg.  As I am not leaving Russia and coming back in, I assume that I need a single entry visa support invite, but just wanted to be sure that would not be considered double-entry since I will stay in two cities.
asked May 19, 2015 in Russian Visa by campoutchris (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Of course not. If you're traveling within Russia you're not re-entering it again... you don't even need to show your visa as you're not passing through any immigration controls for internal flights.
answered May 19, 2015 by admin (5,930 points)