The most popular online travel guide to Russia, since 2001.
  • Register
Welcome to Way To Russia Q&A Talk Lounge where you can get help about Russian visa, trains, travel and any other information you need from our community. For a faster response, you can contact us on Twitter using @waytorussia.

This free independent travel guide to Russia exists thanks to the commission we get when you order these endorsed third-party services or when you buy our book. Please, support us!


Get Our Book:

Our 780-page PDF e-book includes all the essential info you need while you're in Russia. Take it with you on your phone, computer or USB stick.

• Moscow & St. Petersburg guides
• Off-the-beaten track locations
• Getting a Russian visa with no ties
• Traveling Trans-Siberian on the budget
• Russian alphabet and phrasebook
• 200 pages on Russian culture and customs

or learn more about the book...


Russian visa outside home country

+1 vote
We will be leaving Australia more than 90 days before we start our Trans Siberian Train trip to Beijing from Moscow. We contacted a visa agent in London to organise getting visas for Russia, Mongolia and China when we arrive in the UK in 6 weeks time, only to be informed that the Russian and Chinese Embassy's only issue visas to residents of the UK. We have paid for the train trip, and flights out of Beijing back to Australia, plus various hotels along the way. If we can't get the visas, it looks like we will have lost the lot ! Any advise would be gratefully received, Thanks.
asked Mar 22, 2015 in Russian Visa by Kevin M (130 points)
edited Mar 22, 2015 by admin

1 Answer

+1 vote

This regulation is valid only for tourist visas. You can simply get business visa support on http://waytorussia.net/Services/VisaSupport/Business.html and apply for a business visa. Don't worry about the name of the visa: it's not a work visa, it's simply a visa type for exploring opportunities (of which there are many in Russia). You can read more about this visa type on http://waytorussia.net/RussianVisa/Types.html

Hope this helps and let me know if that works out!
answered Mar 22, 2015 by Ivan Stepanenko (2,730 points)